We are delighted to share that RSHC Partner Louis Klapp has been named a 2021 Notable LGBTQ Executive by Crain’s Chicago Business for his significant contributions in the legal industry and his pro bono practice advancing LGBTQ and civil rights. In addition to his active intellectual property litigation practice, Louis sits on the firm’s Recruiting and Development Committee, and he supervises the RSHC Summer Institute Program, which promotes the development of diverse college students. Join us in congratulating Louis!
Diversity & Inclusion
Diverse and inclusive teams are better teams. Better teams deliver better results. At RSHC “diversity” “equity” and “inclusion” are not simply buzzwords, but the essence of our law firm – not just because it is right, not just because a law firm should reflect those we serve, but because of the fundamental truth that the more diverse, equitable, and inclusive our teams, the better the solutions and the greater the value that we produce for our clients.
We believe actions speak louder than words. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is real and demonstrable – but don’t just take our word for it, here’s a list of some of the recent recognitions we have received as a result of “walking the walk” on DE&I:
- Vault’s Top 150 Under 150 (2022)
- Vault’s Best Midsize Law Firms to Work For # 6 in Chicago (2022)
- Law 360 Top 5 Most Diverse Attorney Workforce Nationwide (2018 – 2021)
- Chicago Committee on Minorities in Law Large Law Firms Commitment & Investment Award (2021)
- Corporate Counsel Women, Influence and Power in Law Awards, Managing Partner of the Year – Patricia Brown Holmes, RSHC (2021)
- Exelon’s DEI Honor Roll (2021)
- Finalist for Chambers Outstanding Firm for D&I Award (2021)
- Ranked Top 10 for Most Diverse Equity Partnership by Law360 (2021)
- Crain’s Chicago Business’ Notable Businesses Championing Diversity & Inclusion (2020)
We strive to be an equitable and inclusive workplace for all of our people, where each contributor is recognized, shows up authentically, and feels the investment of the organization in the individual's future. RSHC is a member of the Law Firm Antiracism Alliance.
For us, diversity, equity and inclusion begin with the names on our door, extends through our partnership and associate ranks, and informs our recruiting, staffing, and vendor choices. We believe that lawyers from different backgrounds provide a better perspective on the problems that our clients face. We are committed to serving our clients with superb lawyers who offer a variety of cultural, racial, and gender perspectives. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining, nurturing, and advancing lawyers from all groups and walks of life and intend to maintain and expand our diverse and inclusive culture.