- 19 RSHC Attorneys Named to 2024 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America
- Ron Safer, Sarah Finch, and Nick Kahlon Speaking at Perrin Conference RSHC Sponsored Webinar
- FTC Proposes Rule Banning Non-Compete Agreements with Employees
- RSHC Promotes 8 Attorneys to Partnership
- Back to School with Title IX
- 18 RSHC Attorneys Named to 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™
- Sarah Finch Selected JTB 5 Under 40
- 14 RSHC Attorneys Named to 2022 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
- Seven RSHC Associates Named to 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
Sarah Finch is a high-stakes commercial and class action defense litigator who represents Fortune 500 companies in a variety of matters, including breach of contract, trade secret, and employee mobility litigation. Clients rely on Sarah for pragmatic solutions to some of their most pressing and complex business challenges. A proactive communicator adept at working with businesses in highly regulated industries, Sarah maintains a hands-on approach through all stages of litigation.
Her experience includes effective motion practice, overseeing written discovery and document production, and preparing both expert and fact witnesses for deposition and trial. She prioritizes communication and is respected for her responsiveness, collaborative approach, and strong interpersonal skills. While she welcomes the opportunity to work in concert with her colleagues at the firm, Sarah’s broad experience enables her to take sole responsibility for matters that don’t require a larger team, delivering efficient and highly effective representation that solves problems so clients can stay focused on meeting their business goals.
In addition to her commercial litigation and class action defense work, Sarah also counsels individuals and organizations facing government investigations and enforcement actions. She is adept at practicing in state, federal, and appellate courts and frequently is called upon to serve as local counsel for matters before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Prior to entering private practice, Sarah served as a law clerk for multiple judges in this jurisdiction and is highly valued for her institutional knowledge of its bench. Her skills and experience make her a key member of any trial team, regardless of venue.
Hon. Jorge L. Alonso, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2016-2017)
Hon. Geraldine Soat Brown, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2014 2016)
Hon. Michael T. Mason, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2014)
Judicial Extern – Hon. Ronald Guzman, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2011)
Judicial Extern – Hon. Ann Claire Williams, Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (2011)
Judicial Extern – Hon. Morton Denlow, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2010)
- Drafted petition for leave to appeal that was accepted by Illinois Supreme Court and ultimately obtained favorable decision on behalf of Fortune 500 company, affirming trial court's grant of summary judgment on civil conspiracy claim.
- Defeated Daubert challenge to human perception and memory expert in § 1983 wrongful conviction matter after briefing and evidentiary hearing.
- Defended national railroad company in preliminary injunction hearing regarding COVID-related procedures on commuter rail lines.
- Defended national health care network in preliminary injunction and administrative hearings concerning the closure of one of the network's hospitals.
- Obtained preliminary injunction for Fortune 500 Company in trade secret misappropriation case on inevitable disclosure theory.
- Defended Fortune 50 company in certified federal RICO class action where claimed damages were $9 billion.
- Obtained dismissal of Title IX complaint against major private university.
- Obtained dismissal of consumer fraud class action against major airline.
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude
Honors at Entrance Scholarship
CALI Awards in Legal Writing and Education Litigation
Senior Editor, Children's Legal Rights Journal
Contracts Academic Tutor
Legal Writing Research Assistant
University of Notre Dame, M.Ed., 2006
University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2004
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
Chicago Bar Association
Federal Bar Association
Honors & Awards
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Commercial Litigation, 2024, Insurance Law, 2022-2024, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions-Defendants, 2021-2024), Best Lawyers®
Illinois Emerging Lawyer in Class Action/Mass Tort Defense Law, Commercial Litigation, and School Law, Law Bulletin Media Leading Lawyers (2021-2024)
JTB 5 Under 40, Just The Beginning - A Pipeline Organization (2021)
“The FTC’s Proposed Rule Banning Non-Competes: What Companies Need to Know,“ (co-panelist) Perrin Conferences Webinar Sponsored by RSHC (February 7, 2023)
“Back to School with Title IX,” (co-author) RSHC Client Alert & (September 23, 2022)
“Amendment to the Illinois Freedom to Work Act Imposes Significant Restrictions on Non-Competition and Non-Solicitation Agreements,” (co-author) Illinois State Bar Association’s Bench & Bar Newsletter (January 2022, vol. 52, no. 4)
Chicago Jesuit Academy, College Persistence Board Committee Member
Tutoring Chicago, Literacy Tutor
Crisis Text Line, Crisis Counselor and Legal Advisory Board Member