A versatile commercial litigator with experience that ranges from counseling employers on policy matters to appellate advocacy work, Jasmine Morton brings an outstanding work ethic, skill, and commitment to team work to every client she serves.
Jasmine focuses her practice on complex civil litigation, including False Claims Act cases, government enforcement inquiries, employment disputes, automobile liability, personal injury, general tort/negligence, and premises liability claims, and commercial litigation at all stages of litigation. She has particular experience in serving clients in the health care, food, and transportation industries.
Clients value Jasmine’s skill as a legal writer and researcher, as well as her performance in the courtroom. Before entering private practice, Jasmine served as a prosecutor for the Illinois Office of the State’s Attorneys Appellate Prosecutor, focusing primarily on criminal matters on appeal. Jasmine has drafted more than 100 appellate briefs and motions and orally arguing 15 cases on appeal.
Jasmine’s breadth of experience in both criminal and civil practice enables her to help clients navigate complex interdisciplinary challenges and develop strategic plans of action for successful outcomes.
Judicial Law Clerk — Hon. Erica Reddick, Circuit Court of Cook County (2015-2016)
- US Foods Inc. v. Enspire Training LLC (winning appeal reversing judgment on the enforceability of a purported internet clickwrap agreement)
- LLC 1 05333303020 v. Gil (winning appeal of defense verdict granting summary judgment quieting title on property)
- Successfully negotiated settlement through ADR Mediation for third-party defendant in negligence claim and worker’s compensation claim involving delivery driver’s injury.
- Following successful negotiations, persuaded plaintiff to voluntarily dismiss negligence and worker’s compensation claim of employee claiming injury at delivery location.
- Represent food and distribution employer and insurer in negligence claim arising from delivery driver involved automobile accident.
- Represent food and distribution company in breach of contract claim with respective vendors.
- Prepared pleadings leading to successful settlement of employment contract dispute.
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 2015
MWBLSA Mock Trial First Place Winner 2014
ABA Criminal Mock Trial National First Place Winner 2015
BLSA Vice President
LUC Civitas Childlaw Clinic
Georgetown University, B.A., Government, 2012
BMDT Student Director
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
National Association of Women Lawyers
Supreme Court Nominee Review Committee (October 2020)
“DOJ Civil Cyber-Fraud Initiative Presents New False Claims Act Challenges for Health Care Providers,” (co-author) American Health Law Association Health Law Weekly (December 3, 2021)
Minority Legal Education Resources (MLER), Board Member and Secretary
DuPage Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), Former Executive Committee Member and First Vice President
NAACP NextGen Alumni 2019
Obsidian Charitable Foundation (OCF), Founding Board Member and Vice President