A creative advocate and formidable legal writer, Joshua Roquemore brings strong analytical skills and communication to his practice as a commercial litigator.
Focusing his work on defending the interests of businesses in commercial matters, Joshua is well-versed in civil litigation. His experience extends to written discovery, dispositive motions, depositions, and arguing motions in court. He is particularly skilled at translating legal issues into clear language and connecting case strategy to client goals.
Joshua has defended a wide array of companies in litigation, arbitration, and pre-litigation negotiation, including multiple Fortune 500 and Global 500 corporations. His representations involve a variety of claims and issues, including wrongful death and personal injury, property damage, commercial contract disputes, insurance coverage disputes, product liability, and regulatory advisement.
Summer Clerk, Hon. Gregory P. McGuire, North Carolina Business Court (2018)
Legal Extern, UNC System Office, Department of Legal Affairs (2018)
Legal Extern, UNC Office of University Counsel, Eastern Division (2018)
- Successfully obtained summary judgment and dismissal of Fortune 500 company from a series of automotive personal injury cases.
- Filed arbitration demand on behalf of Global 500 company for a complex commercial contract dispute, and successfully obtained a settlement thereof.
- Defended dozens of individuals against claims of automotive personal injury and wrongful death.
- Defended aerospace manufacturer against claims of wrongful death and personal injury and obtained a favorable settlement of all claims.
- Represented aerospace operator in negligence-based personal injury matter.
- Defended aircraft maintenance facilities against wrongful death and personal injury claims.
- Defended international products manufacturer in putative class action and negotiated a favorable pre-certification settlement.
- Defended an international transportation service provider in putative class action and obtained a favorable pre-certification settlement.
- Represented construction and supply companies in litigated construction defect cases.
University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2019
Articles and Notes Editor, NC Banking Institute Journal (2018-2019)
Staff Member, NC Banking Institute Journal (2017-2018)
Research Assistant, Professor William P. Marshall (2017)
Azusa Pacific University, B.A., Political Science and Pre-Law, 2015
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
The State Bar of California
Publications & Presentations
“From Crisis to Crisis: The CFPB’s COVID Mortgage Regulations,” (co-author) Illinois State Bar Association’s Bench & Bar Section Council Newsletter (November 2020, vol. 51, no. 4)
“The CFPB’s Ambiguous ‘Abusive’ Standard,” (author) UNC School of Law North Carolina Banking Institute (March 2018, vol. 22, no. 1)