- Overcoming Fear-Driven Regulations in Advanced Air Mobility
- New Illinois Statute Allowing the Recovery of Punitive Damages
- MOSAIC – The Expansion of Light Sport Aircraft
- Generative AI Is Here and Ready to Disrupt
- 19 RSHC Attorneys Named to 2024 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America
- RSHC’s Jennifer Steeve Speaks on AI
- RSHC Promotes 8 Attorneys to Partnership
- Who Will Be Held Liable for Autonomous Vehicle Accidents?
- In Some States, the Future for Autonomous Trucking is Here
- Shalem Massey and Jennifer Steeve Speakers at ABA Aviation and Space Law Committee Conference
- 18 RSHC Attorneys Named to 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™
- 14 RSHC Attorneys Named to 2022 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
Jennifer Steeve handles high-stakes trial and appellate matters nationwide on behalf of major companies in a variety of industries, including aviation, finance, energy, and technology.
Clients value her balance of tireless advocacy with a focus on their bottom line and business interests. She is noted for being careful in preparation and fearless in execution.
Jen’s practice includes a particular focus on complex commercial litigation, aviation defense, appellate work, and autonomous vehicles. She began her appellate career by winning her law school’s moot court competition before Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, and she has worked on more than 100 appeals in practice.
Jen spends her non-lawyering hours focused on the next generation. She raises her young son, mentors students at her alma maters, and gives riding lessons at her local stable.
Hon. Harry T. Edwards, U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit (2016-2017)
- In re Cotter Corp., (N.S.L.), Nos. 21-1160, 21-1165, 2022 WL 67845 (8th Cir. Jan. 7, 2022) (winning reversal in nuclear radiation case under Price-Anderson Act)
- Represented major banks in dozens of state and federal appeals arising from mortgage securitization claims in wake of 2008 mortgage crisis.
- Challenged class certification in trial and appellate court in federal class action with ten-figure damages claim.
- Second-chaired international arbitration involving nine-figure damages claim.
- Won summary judgment defending aerospace company in federal lawsuit, affirmed on appeal, and won seven-figure damages award in countersuit through summary judgment and trial.
- Handled dozens of fact and expert witness depositions, law and motion arguments, mediation, and trial and appellate briefs in multi-front litigation for Fortune 100 company.
- Secured early dismissal of multiple lawsuits against aerospace companies shortly after filing of lawsuits.
- Negotiated favorable settlements during mediation, arbitration, settlement conferences, on the eve of trial, and on appeal.
- Provided pro bono representation to asylum applicants in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and United States Supreme Court.
University of California-Irvine, J.D., 2015, summa cum laude
Moot Court (Best Oralist) 2013-2014
Notes Editor, UC Irvine Law Review
Biola University, B.A., 2009, summa cum laude
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
Federal Bar Association
Honors & Awards
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Commercial Litigation, 2022-2024, and Product Liability Litigation-Defendants, 2024), Best Lawyers®
“Overcoming Fear-Driven Regulations in Advanced Air Mobility,” (co-author) RSHC Insight (September 21, 2023)
“New Illinois Statute Allowing the Recovery of Punitive Damages,” (co-author) RSHC Client Alert (September 20, 2023)
“MOSAIC - The Expansion of Light Sport Aircraft,” (co-author) RSHC Client Alert (August 30, 2023)
“Generative AI Is Here and Ready to Disrupt,” (co-author) RSHC Insight (August 24, 2023)
“A Self-Driving Profession: Exploring a Legal Career in AI-Powered Technologies,” (speaker) Western State College of Law (April 28, 2023)
“Recent Developments in Aviation and Space Law,” (speaker) ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section Aviation and Space Committee Law (October 28, 2021)
“Social Inflation, Punitive Damages, and U.S. Litigation Trends: Where are claims and verdicts headed?,” (co-panelist) Lloyd’s Market Association (September 22, 2020)
“Autonomous Vehicles: Current Legal Landscape and Challenges on the Horizon,” (co-author) RSHC Insight (August 14, 2020)
“Connected Vehicles Bring Promise of Mobility — and Jobs — to Two Million People With Disabilities,” (co-author) RSHC Insight (August 14, 2020)
“Public Comments Close on Proposed FAA Rule Governing Remote ID of Unmanned Aerial System,” (co-author) RSHC Insight (August 14, 2020)
“The Public and Private Sectors Are Ready to Unleash Unmanned Maritime Vehicles,” (co-author) RSHC Insight (August 14, 2020)
“Social Inflation, Punitive Damages, and U.S. Litigation Trends: Where are claims and verdicts headed?,” (co-panelist) Lloyd’s Market Association (June 8, 2020)
“Cooperative Success in Changing the Autonomous Vehicle Legal Landscape,” Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner Client Alert (May 15, 2018)
“Legal Considerations for Ridesharing Companies in the Autonomous Vehicle Industry,” Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner Client Alert (February 8, 2018)
“Insurance Claims and Autonomous Vehicles,” Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner Client Alert (October 19, 2017)