Dennis Santoni concentrates his practice in litigation and investigations with a focus on complex electronic discovery matters. He combines his background in operations management, statistics, and logistics with his legal knowledge and experience to provide clients with innovative, effective, and cost-saving discovery solutions.
Working closely with clients and fellow counsel, Dennis designs, crafts, and implements an effective and appropriate electronic discovery strategy for every case. Each step is carefully considered and planned at every stage, from early case-assessment techniques and technology selection to document review and development of tactics to discovery, depositions, and trial.
Dennis has led and managed complicated electronic discovery matters in commercial litigation, due diligence, government investigations, patent litigation, antitrust, and class actions, to name just a few. His extensive experience spans the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM), where he wields continuous improvement and statistical analysis techniques with a constant focus on client service and cost efficiency.
- Assisting clients with large and small scale document reviews.
- Spearheading eDiscovery projects over the life span from collection, early case assessment, searching, review, quality control, productions, privlege logging, deposition and witness preparation, and trial.
- Developing eDiscovery procedures and guidelines to expedite review and minimize costs.
- Applying state of the art technological tools to reduce client eDiscovery expenditures and find critical documents.
- Implementing analytics, technology assisted review, and artificial intelligence tools.
- Managing external document review teams, drafting review manuals, and configuring review platforms to maximize reviewer efficiency.
- Implementing review metrics and forging collaborative relationships with review teams.
- Conducting complex data investigation and analysis.
- Preparing client exposure analyses.
- Scrutinizing expert witness reports for deposition preparation and motion practice.
- Conducting interviews of custodians for collection purposes.
- Developing eDiscovery training programs.
- Reviewing and assessing security policies of vendors possessing client data.
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 1999
Syracuse University, B.S., Operations Management, 1993
International Business Program, London, 1992
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Chicago Bar Association
DuPage County Bar Association
Relativity Certified User
RelativityOne Certified Pro
Completed Relativity Certified Administrator Training
DuPage Habitat for Humanity ReStore
DuPagePads (Public Action to Deliver Shelter)
Feed my Starving Children
Holy Cross Church Ministries