Amy Andrews is an experienced commercial litigator who focuses her practice on financial and complex commercial litigation for businesses large and small. Inquisitive by nature, she prides herself on developing a deep understanding of the business needs of her clients and diligently solving their legal issues, whether in or out of the courtroom.
Amy has considerable experience representing a diverse portfolio of clients in complex litigation matters in federal and state courts nationwide. With a focus on business disputes, she has defended Fortune 100 and private companies in cases involving breach of contract and warranty, fraud, M&A related litigation, insurance coverage, discrimination claims, federal securities litigation, and class action defense. Her advocacy has resulted in successful outcomes for her clients in matters with potential exposure ranging from the thousands to more than a billion dollars.
- Defense of several large international corporations against federal claims of race discrimination, including in the class action context.
- Represented a multi-national consulting firm in arbitration alleging breach of warranty and contract in connection with a large-scale, multi-year SAP implementation project, resulting in successful settlement for client.
- Pre-litigation investigation and counseling for a specialized manufacturing company relating to potential claims arising in connection with a global SAP implementation project.
- Significant experience advising private equity portfolio companies in a variety of M&A related matters, including successful pursuit and settlement outside of litigation of multimillion-dollar fraud and breach of warranty claims against sellers and representation and warranty transaction insurance provider.
- Defense of a national insurance company in class actions challenging the insurer’s alleged method for calculating property damage claim payments, including successful settlements.
- Representation of Fortune 100 companies and their current and former directors and officers in Section 10b-5 class actions and related derivative litigation.
- Represented mutual fund underwriter in class action alleging Section 11 and 12 claims, and related derivative litigation, resulting in successful settlement for client.
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1994
Kenyon College, B.A., Biology, 1989
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
American Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
Alliance for Women Committee
Federal Bar Association, Chicago Chapter
OnRamp Fellowship, Alumni Board Member
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Governing Council Member
Sacred Heart Schools of Chicago, Member of Board of Trustees, Chair of Governance and Nominating Committee (2014-2020)