Amy Andrews thrives on the challenge of being a litigator because of her natural curiosity to learn, ask questions, explore, collaborate, and apply the mechanics and strategies to produce creative solutions. She is a smart, focused, and engaging litigator, who enjoys solving problems for her clients whether in or out of the courtroom.
Amy focuses her practice at RSHC on complex commercial litigation in federal and state courts, including class action defense and significant business disputes. Previously holding associate and partner positions in Chicago with two national law firms, she has considerable experience representing businesses in a variety of industries and a wide range of legal issues, including securities defense, breach of contract and warranty, M&A related litigation, and insurance coverage, including claims against general liability and transaction insurance policies, as well as consumer class action defense. Her advocacy has resulted in successful outcomes for her clients in matters ranging from thousands to billions of dollars in damages.
When not supporting and spending quality time with her family and two dogs, she is passionate about pro bono work on behalf of immigrants and individuals with disabilities, associate development, women’s initiatives in the law, and educational and community philanthropy. Amy serves as a member of the Board of Trustees at Sacred Heart Schools of Chicago, and she also serves on the OnRamp Fellowship Alumni Board.
- Defense of a multi-national consulting firm in arbitration alleging breach of warranty and contract in connection with a large-scale, multi-year SAP implementation project, resulting in successful settlement for client.
- Represented private equity portfolio companies in a variety of matters arising after acquisition, including successful pursuit outside of litigation of multi-million-dollar fraud and breach of warranty claims against sellers and representation and warranty transaction insurance provider.
- Pre-litigation investigation and counseling for a specialized manufacturing company relating to potential claims arising in connection with a global and highly complex SAP implementation project.
- Advised large U.S. provider of mailing software products on issues relating to termination of various programs and software licensing to third parties.
- Represented global healthcare entity in litigation related to $5 billion acquisition, resulting in successful closing of transaction.
- Represented telecommunications company in extensive litigation relating to its investment in a global satellite communications enterprise, including bench trial of claims for breach of contract and warranty seeking billions of dollars in damages, resulting in a verdict in client’s favor on all claims.
- Obtained dismissal of commercial tort claims against real estate developer, and successfully defended decision upon appeal.
- Represented Fortune 500 companies and their current and former directors and officers in Section 10b-5 class actions.
- Represented mutual fund underwriter in class action alleging Section 11 and 12 claims, and related derivative litigation, resulting in successful settlement for client.
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1994
Kenyon College, B.A., Biology, 1989
Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Professional MembershipsAmerican Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
Alliance for Women Committee
Sacred Heart Schools of Chicago
Board of Trustees, Member
Corporate Governance and Nominating Committee, Chair
Executive Committee, Member