With experience working inside a large federal agency and representing businesses and executives in litigation, Andrew Patton is well-versed in the research, writing, and strategic preparation essential to handling complex matters.
Andrew advises clients in white collar criminal defense cases, government inquiries and internal investigations, and commercial disputes. His work includes drafting a range of motions and briefs at both the trial and appellate levels, preparing witnesses for testimony, managing and organizing exhibits during trial, and delivering oral arguments in court and arbitration sessions. He has counseled clients in a range of industries such as health care, hospitality, real estate development, and chemical production, advising them on commercial and regulatory issues encompassing allegations of fraud, contract disputes, and breaches of fiduciary duty.
Formerly a paralegal at the Federal Trade Commission, Andrew helped prepare commissioners’ testimony to Congress and assisted FTC lawyers at trial.
Judicial Intern, Hon. William G. Young, U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts (2018)
Legal Intern, Illinois Office of the State Appellate Defender
- Obtained favorable settlement for client who was wrongfully convicted and incarcerated for 29 years for a crime he did not commit.
- Represented global insurance brokerage in litigation following a corporate raid, bringing claims against former employees and a competitor for breach of contract, misappropriation of trade secrets, tortious interference, breach of fiduciary duty, and related claims.
- Prepared and represented Chief Medical Officer of regional hospital in civil and criminal investigation of alleged violations of Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS) and False Claims Act (FCA).
- Performed internal investigation of alleged violations of Anti-Kickback Statute concerning Medical Director relationships with Skilled Nursing Facility, and advised on CMS Self-Referral Disclosure Protocol concerning physician compensation arrangements.
- Performed Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption compliance assessment for international steel company to determine compliance with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
- Performed compliance program assessment for Board of Directors of pharmaceutical company under Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA) and advised as to certification.
- Counseled Medical Technology company on compliance with Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act (UFLPA).
Boston College Law School, J.D., 2020
Merit Scholarship Recipient
Top 8 BC Law Mock Trial Competition 2019
Connecticut College, B.A., Government and American Studies, 2011
Varsity Cross Country Captain
Windham House Senator
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois