When clients in highly regulated industries such as banking and health care are facing high-stakes government investigations, Adam Safer offers strategic counsel to address immediate needs and promote positive outcomes over the long term. Adam focuses his practice on defending businesses against allegations of fraud and corruption and has participated in investigations of False Claims Act (FCA) and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations.
An experienced litigator with a passion for developing long-term partnerships with his clients, Adam takes a steady and efficient approach to his work, solving problems as they arise and keeping an eye on the overall business objectives at stake in each matter. Adam is also a strong legal writer who briefed and won a precedent-setting decision in the Seventh Circuit and has researched and drafted analyses on a broad range of legal subjects.
Adam also maintains a busy pro bono practice and has argued for and obtained a sentence of time-served for a wrongfully convicted man.
Hon. Sara L. Ellis, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2019)
Judicial Extern, Hon. Sara L. Ellis, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2016)
- Represented several banks in third-party depositions, ultimately helping keep them from being named as defendants in high value litigation.
- Represented multiple doctors and drug manufacturers in relation to civil investigative demands from the government.
- Represented board special committees in their efforts to conduct internal investigations.
- Represented an abused immigrant in her appeals to gain the right to change her immigration status without having to rely on her abuser.
- Represented a man seeking asylum from the Rwandan genocide.
- Represented wrongfully convicted man in a Miller resentencing and won a sentence of time-served.
- Represented community church in housing court proceedings in their efforts to rebuild after a devastating fire.
EducationNew York University Law School, J.D., 2018
Public Interest Law Student Association
Student Bar Association
Denison University, B.A., Philosophy, 2014
Male Acapella & University Choir
Peer Tutor and Advisor
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Big Brothers Big Sisters, Volunteer