RSHC Partner Josh Lee is the featured products liability and mass torts panelist at the June 17 Black In-House Counsel (BIHC) Elevating Black Excellence Regional Summit virtual event. Josh will provide an overview of considerations for high-stakes products liability and mass tort cases as well as explore how changes in technology and the events of 2020 will impact litigation and trials.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diverse and inclusive teams are better teams. Better teams deliver better results. At RSHC “diversity” “equity” and “inclusion” are not simply buzzwords, but the essence of our law firm – not just because it is right, not just because a law firm should reflect those we serve, but because of the fundamental truth that the more diverse, equitable, and inclusive our teams, the better the solutions and the greater the value that we produce for our clients.
We believe actions speak louder than words. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is real and demonstrable – but don’t just take our word for it, here’s a list of some of the recent recognitions we have received as a result of “walking the walk” on DEI:
- Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” in multiple different categories (2024)
- Chambers USA Awards 2023, Diversity & Inclusion: Outstanding Contribution – Patricia Brown Holmes
- Finalist Chambers USA Awards, Diversity & Inclusion: Outstanding Firm (2023, 2021)
- BTI Client Service A-Team Top 100 List (2023)
- Commitment & Investment Award from The Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms (2023, 2022, 2021)
- Just the Beginning – A Pipeline Organization Diversity Partnership Award (2023)
- Top 100 Social Impact Leader by Law360 (2023)
- Inaugural Top Legal Employers in Leadership – DEI Award from Women’s Bar Association of Illinois (2023)
- Vault’s Top 150 Under 150 (2021-2023)
- Delivering Diversity Award from The Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms (2022)
- Midsize Client Service Masters by BTI Consulting (2022)
- Exelon’s DEI Honor Roll (2022, 2021)
- Pro Bono Leader by Law360 (2022)
- McDonald’s EMPOWER Award (2022)
- U.S. News & World Report Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” in multiple different categories (2021)
- Top Law Firm for Client Service During the Pandemic by BTI Consulting Group (2021)
- Corporate Counsel Women, Influence and Power in Law Awards, Managing Partner of the Year – Patricia Brown Holmes (2021)
- National “Midsize Heavyweight” by BTI Consulting (2020)
- Crain’s Chicago Business Notable Businesses Championing Diversity & Inclusion (2020)
- Vault’s Best Midsize Law Firms to Work For, top 25 in multiple categories, including two #1 rankings (2020)
We strive to be an equitable and inclusive workplace for all of our people, where each contributor is recognized, shows up authentically, and feels the investment of the organization in the individual's future. RSHC is a member of the Law Firm Antiracism Alliance.
For us, diversity, equity and inclusion begin with the names on our door, extends through our partnership and associate ranks, and informs our recruiting, staffing, and vendor choices. We believe that lawyers from different backgrounds provide a better perspective on the problems that our clients face. We are committed to serving our clients with superb lawyers who offer a variety of cultural, racial, and gender perspectives. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining, nurturing, and advancing lawyers from all groups and walks of life and intend to maintain and expand our diverse and inclusive culture.