Michael Ward possesses that rare combination of the love of a wide breadth of transactional real estate work and a passion for knowing his clients deeply and understanding their business. This unique approach to real estate emanates from Michael’s adherence to practical solutions from a business perspective. What’s best for the client is at the heart of what’s best for the deal.
Michael advises and counsels clients on a wide variety of legal issues in commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, construction, and financing. Michael draws from his experience with documenting and negotiating transactions, commercial litigation, alternative financing, and real estate development.
When Michael isn’t spending time helping clients solve their business issues, you will likely find him with his family and friends, seeing live music, playing golf, engaging in cross-fit training, and watching football and basketball. He is originally from Cleveland, Ohio, and remains dedicated and connected to his Cleveland roots.
Hon. Patrick Sherlock and Hon. Frank Castiglione, Cook County Law Division Commercial Calendar
- $400,000,000 acquisition of multiple Ski-Resorts located throughout the country.
- Multiple real estate acquisitions totaling over $100,000,000 for various developers.
- Negotiated and documented $50,000,000 in real estate loans for a single sponsor in a six-month span.
- Negotiated national leases on behalf of top tier accounting firm.
- Raised over $50,000,000 in EB-5 Funding for former employer, as in-house counsel.
- Negotiated construction contracts for over 25 quick service restaurants.
- Structured various entities, handled LLC formation and equity offerings for a national restaurant developer.
- Led team in multi-million-dollar C&I acquisition financing for 18 limited liability companies.
- Handled national leasing negotiations for a retail tenant in over 15 locations throughout the United States.
- Acted as outside-general counsel to national real estate developer.
EducationChicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2012, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
J.D. Certificate Program in Business Law, 2012
Ohio University, B.B.A., 2009, cum laude
American Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
International Council of Shopping Centers