Meghan always enjoys taking on new missions and new responsibilities, tackling them with confidence and working hard until every issue is resolved. She has extensive experience advising manufacturers with product-liability issues, successfully defending their products and reporting to government agencies. She has represented large corporations at trial, filing evidentiary motions, preparing witnesses, and arguing motions. She has handled litigation for multiple product manufacturers, including day-to-day litigation, mediation, expert preparation, discovery issues, motion practice, and settlement negotiations.
But she doesn’t stop there. Meghan has experience in intellectual property and employment disputes and advises, investigates, and litigates Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) cases.
Although she’s a tireless advocate, Meghan also believes in the power and value of good-faith negotiation. And while she realizes that the judicious application of a carefully measured amount of whiskey and water may not solve most problems, it never hurts to try.
- Drafted Consumer Product Safety Commission Reports and Health Canada Reports for clients involved in voluntary recalls, including world-wide coordination with other reporting agencies, review of relevant documents and data for production to the agencies.
- Represented client in employment-related mediation involving particularly sensitive public relations issues in a discrete manner resulting in a prompt multi-termed resolution.
- Represents clients in product liability and mass tort litigation at a national level, including advising and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Successfully challenged the admissibility of experts and expert testimony on behalf of a client involved in novel, and potentially mass tort, litigation, successfully shutting down future claims.
- Represented clients as trial counsel in federal court, including drafting and arguing substantive motions, participating in mandatory settlement conferences, and preparing pre-trial filings.
- Argued and won a contested summary judgment motion in Los Angeles, California in asbestos litigation.
DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2012, CALI Supreme Court Litigation and Trial Advocacy
DePaul University, B.A., Political Science, French, 2006, with honors
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth District
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
American Bar Association
Civil Rights and Social Justice Section
Tort Trial and Insurance Section
Toxic Torts and Environmental Law General Committee
Bar Association of San Francisco
Honors & Awards
Thurgood Marshall Award, American Bar Association (2019)
University of California – Hastings College of the Law, Adjunct Professor of Law
“Sponsors, Influencers & Career Engineering for Legal Counsel," (panelist) Women, Diversity & Change, The Women in Law Summit Series, Chicago, IL (June 6, 2019)
“Sponsors, Influencers & Career Engineering," (co-panelist) The Women Diversity and Change Summit, San Francisco, CA (November 7, 2018)
"Civil Pre-trial Practice,” (lecturer) University of California Hastings College of the Law (2016-2018)
“Recent Developments in Toxic Tort & Environmental Law,” (co-author) American Bar Association, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, Chapters in 2015, 2016, and 2017 editions regarding household duty claims in the context of asbestos liability and talc litigation
“Potential Regulatory, Environmental, and Litigation Issues with Alternative Power Generation,” (moderator) American Bar Association, Toxic Tort & Environmental Law Committee, Phoenix, AZ (April 6, 2018)
“Understanding and Protecting Privilege,” (co-presenter) CLE Presentation, San Francisco, CA (Jan. 16, 2018)
“Construction Defects,” (contributor) DRI CLE Presentation, San Francisco, CA (Nov. 2014)
“Cloud Computing – Professional Conduct and Ethical Implications,” (co-presenter) CLE
Presentation, Chicago, IL (Sept. 12, 2013)
Equal Rights Advocates, Steering Committee (2018-2019)
The Raphael House
The Volunteer Center, Board Member (2015-2016)