Experienced, intuitive, and practical, Kristi Lemanski welcomes the challenge of developing pragmatic and effective solutions to complex litigation. Employing her passion for analyzing and solving problems, she begins early in the litigation process, assembling the facts, analyzing claims, coordinating discovery, developing strategies, and crafting motions that are designed to achieve the best possible outcomes for her clients. Her approach is disciplined and efficient, focusing on the important details but always keeping the big picture in mind.
Kristi is well-versed in all levels and stages of litigation, having appeared in state and federal court at the trial and appellate levels. Her passion for clear and compelling writing has served her well, and she possesses an impressive track record of resolving complex cases with persuasive motions and appellate briefs. She is also a trained and astute mediator who puts her knowledge, intuition, and common sense to work tirelessly advocating for her clients and their interests inside and outside the courtroom.
When she’s not practicing law, Kristi enjoys hiking the trails in the San Francisco Bay Area and exploring national parks with her husband, their daughter, and their intrepid golden retriever.
- Kristi manages cases in a variety of areas, including class action, product liability, toxic tort, insurance, and general commercial litigation.
- Kristi has authored successful summary judgment and pretrial motions in multiple state court cases for supplier and manufacturer clients involved in products liability litigation.
- Kristi has represented food distributors whose restaurant clients refused payment for multiple orders over time, negotiating payment plans and, when necessary, obtaining and executing judgments on behalf of her clients.
- Kristi represented an inmate in his civil rights suit in federal court, successfully securing the inmate a settlement without trial.
- Kristi trained as a mediator and has mediated a variety of civil disputes among litigants in the circuit courts of Cook County, Illinois.
EducationNorthwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2008, with honors
Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution Concentration
Certified Mediator, Cook County Circuit Court
Bluhm Legal Clinic, Juvenile Delinquency & School Law
Public Service Star
University of Wisconsin, B.S., Psychology and English, 2003, with honors
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Women in the Law Steering Committee, 2018 DRI Annual Meeting Events Coordinator
Young Lawyers Steering Committee, Co-Chair of Young Women in the Law Subcommittee
Liaison between the Women in the Law and Young Lawyers Committees
Young Lawyers Steering Committee, Past Vice-Chair of the Women in Law Subcommittee and Past Chair of The Whisper Subcommittee
Past Young Lawyer Liaison to the Asbestos Medicine Seminar Committee
American Bar Association
Torts Trial and Insurance Practice Section, Toxic Torts and Environmental Law Committee
Northwestern Law Alumni Club
“Creating a Record – How to Preserve Issues for Appeal,” (moderator) DRI Asbestos Medicine Seminar (Nov. 2014)
“I’ve Got a Law Degree . . . Now What?,” (co-author) DRI Whisper (Oct. 2011)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit Pro Bono Program.
- Appointed by the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin to represent a Department of Corrections inmate in his civil rights litigation.
- Obtained legal guardianships for parents of adult developmentally-disabled children in Wisconsin State Court.