Erin finds the strategic demands of legal practice to be energizing. She relishes the balance of finesse and fortitude that high-quality performance requires. She places a premium on meaningful communication and believes creativity and collaboration yield the greatest results. Erin subscribes to the philosophy that a solution always exists, and she is relentless in finding one when faced with a challenge.
As an associate, Erin works in a wide variety of practice areas, including Government Enforcement, Investigations, and White Collar Criminal Defense, Compliance Program Counseling, Design, and Assessment, Intellectual Property, Commercial Disputes and Litigation, and Education.
Erin digs deep into the details of her matters. She studies each case’s full factual and legal landscape while always sifting to the top the themes and arguments that will matter most to her client. Erin is skilled in investigation techniques, including knowing what questions to ask and what documents to review to assemble the essential pieces of the story. In her written advocacy, Erin relies on strong legal reasoning overlaid by close attention to the unique context of each case and issue. In her professional presentation, Erin is a fierce advocate who also infuses irrefutable logic and sharp emotional intelligence into her work.
- Performed compliance assessments with particular focus on Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, False Claims Act, and Anti-Kickback Statute adherence and safeguards in pharmaceutical, medical device, telecommunications, shipping, and chemical industries.
- Conducted numerous internal investigations in relation to harassment, bribery, and conflict of interest concerns for organizations existing in a variety of industries, including pharmaceutical, medical device, aviation, and sports.
- Member of RSHC team that obtained a dismissal with prejudice for a client after 2.5 years of litigation and weeks before the start of a federal criminal trial on allegations of bank fraud.
- Defended clients facing government (DOJ and HHS) investigations and subpoenas relating to antitrust, false claims, and kickback allegations.
- Assisted in trademark registration, experience in trademark infringement litigation.
- Arbitrated fraud and securities claims in FINRA arbitration final hearing, which included putting on witness testimony.
- Conducted Title IX investigations and counseled on Title IX mechanisms and rights in potential harassment and sexual assault scenarios.
University of Wisconsin, J.D., 2015, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Law Review
University of Hawaii, M.Ed., 2011, with honors
St. Norbert College, B.A., 2009, summa cum laude
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
Chicago Bar Association
Women's White Collar Defense Association
Chicago Chapter, Member
ACLU of Illinois Next Generation
Languages Spoken & Fluency