As an associate, Erin works in a wide variety of practice areas, including Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property, and White Collar Defense, Investigations and Compliance. Since she studied international business, French and Spanish as an undergraduate, she possesses a broad understanding of the complexities of the global environment where her clients do business. And since she taught special education high school students for three years before attending law school, intimidating tactics just don't faze her.
Erin grew up in Wisconsin but lived in Hawaii for three years before moving back to Madison to attend law school so, obviously, she’s a Midwesterner at heart. She particularly enjoys living in Chicago with its wonderful cultural opportunities and spectacular architecture.
- Represents a major mobile phone and PC manufacturer in patent disputes in multiple jurisdictions and before the ITC.
- Advised a consumer products company on patent portfolio, including strategy for protecting its patents against numerous imitators in the market.
- Member of RSHC team that obtained a summary judgment of infringement of asserted medical devise patent.
- Member of RSHC team that successfully invalidated software patent on 101 grounds.
- Conducted a global compliance assessment during an FCPA investigation on behalf of a medical technology company.
- Defended physicians and providers against allegations of improper payments.
- Participated in numerous internal investigations in a variety of industries.
- Managed discovery, took depositions, and drafted dispositive motions in representing companies that litigate mass tort actions.
University of Wisconsin, J.D., 2015, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Law Review
University of Hawaii, M.Ed., 2011, with honors
St. Norbert College, B.A., 2009, summa cum laude
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Chicago Bar Association