Raised in a family of entrepreneurs, business strategy has been a part of Emily Spade’s family dialogues as long as she can remember. Inspired by strategic thinkers who understand the importance of growth, competition, and performance, she is fearless to try new methods, creatively think outside of the box, and move out of her comfort zone to achieve results and add value.
An active and open listener, Emily is passionate and committed to spotting and understanding her clients’ challenges and opportunities to help them achieve their business objectives. Her transactional law practice will focus on legal issues associated with complex commercial real estate transactions, from due diligence to negotiations to closing deals.
While in law school at Northwestern, Emily served as a senior editor for the Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business. She is an active volunteer with Step Up, a non-profit organization, that helps high school girls fulfill their potential and empowers them to become college graduates and the next generation of professional women. Emily also interviews applicants at Northwestern Pritzker School of Law as part of their Alumni Interview Program.
- Aided in the representation of a purchaser in the acquisition of 17 commercial properties throughout the United States.
- Represented various lenders in loan transactions (construction, syndicated, and mortgage financing).
- Acted as a succumbent legal assistant for a corporate client on a scheduled weekly basis.
- Represented borrower in the restructuring of outstanding debt.
- Assisted in the representation of a major airline in the sublease of an airport terminal to an airport concessionaire.
- Reviewed commercial leases as part of the due diligence in an entity acquisition.
Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2017, Senior Editor, Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business
Teaching Assistant, Structuring Transactions, Real Estate
Teaching Assistant, Negotiations
University of Dayton, B.A., Political Science, 2014, magna cum laude